Friday 25 May 2012

effexor free and apparently swearing a lot

I'm taking a page out of the Blogess' book and saying this is not a real post.

This is only a boring and completely unfunny post with no baking references.

Basically I'm documenting this shit for posterity.

Ok, the words shit and posterity did make me chuckle...I admit it.  I mean really...posterity is just one butt freckle away from being posterior.  AND WHERE DOES SHIT COME FROM??? YOUR POSTERIOR!!!

Shazam!  I made a funny.  A really immature funny but that's kinda my style.

I'm now off of Effexor.  Sunday was my last pill.  It's been BRUTAL.

Non stop head zappy wobbly feelings, plummeting mood, and rampant anxiety.  I've been in contact with my shrink and his nurse practitioner as of today and I have appointments and a plan to hopefully deal with this.

Basically I have not been doing well.

Oh and in my latest round of blood tests, the level of my mood stabilizer in my blood is too low.

So yeah.  Effexor withdrawals and not enough mood stabilizer.  Fucking "A", let's throw a party!   *Sigh*  Add that to the list of things that need to be fixed.

In other medical news...

The combo of stopping a particular allergy pill and blood pressure medication has me back in the normal range again instead of being one step away from a hypertension induced coronary.

As for my hip...well I had to stop taking the arthritis meds.  They were just too hard on my system.  My hip still friggin' hurts all the time.  I still can't really lie on that side and if I'm very active, then the pain increases but on the whole, 2 weeks of anti-inflammatories did help somewhat.  I'm now being prescribed a pain med to help.

Oooh and lets not forget the saga of my ears.

Last summer I had a severe ear infection in both ears.  FUCKING SEVERE.  I was in a lot of pain and I couldn't hear for 3 months.  Drops and oral antibiotics did nothing.  NOTHING.

Basically I had ended up waiting it out and not being able to hear for 3 months.

Here's the thing.  My ears have hurt ever since.  Constantly.  I get them checked regularly and it's always the same..."hmmm...looks like there's fluid and inflammation in your tubes...try this allergy pill..."  And it would start to get slightly better but then they'd just start hurting again.

So today when they looked in them, they said that my ears looked angrier than they did last time and that while the membranes were intact, they're scarred up like a mofo.  We went over all the symptoms of the ear infection last summer and she said to me that my ear drums were obviously ruptured at the time.

SHE'S THE ONE THAT LOOKED IN THEM AT THE TIME!!!!

FUCKING HELL I WANT TO SCREAM!


You know, last year when I'd come back for the second and third month in a row,  both ears full of pus and nothing draining, with a profound hearing loss in both ears, YOU'D THINK THEY'D SAY AT THE TIME THAT MY EAR DRUMS WERE RUPTURED AND, DAMN, MAYBE WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT!

Breathe...just breathe...

Things are happening now...finally.

Just keep breathing...everything feels so wrong right now but I just have to remind myself that I've got all sorts of chemical stuff going on in me as well as physical problems.

At least I'm gardening right now and that's fun. 

Sheila bought me more gladiola bulbs :-)

Can't wait to plant 'em.

Just keep breathing...

1 comment: